@pinknailblog

Skip to main content

Mini Photo Box - tutorial


Hello people! Here is just a little thing I made to make me a more efficient blogger. I take too long finding the right background to take pictures. I've never taken pictures outside though, which is the best way to take picture--the best lighting

Well, um yeah.. I don't really want to do that. I'm shy. I don't want to cause attraction to myself.

So, I made 2 mini photoboxes based on the tutorial from Ice Queen. She is awesome! Check out her lovely blog!

I really don't have a big ass box. So, I made one out of materials I had.

1. trader joes boxes
2. an old folder from office max:
3. ruler
4. tape

The purple one I made first.
I made it purple and not white because my skin contrast too much sometimes with a white background.


The long way: Box 1
1. Take off the top of the box


2. Measure your folder to the dimensions of the box,
                Measure twice, measure 3 times, measure 4 times...!
                 Cut/fold to the box once...
       

  3. Also, leave plenty extra room on the outside flaps. This is so you can fold and fasten the folder to the box. I didn't leave enough room on the ends. Make larger than a inch. The folder paper is really thick so it's best to leave more to fold to the edge.


The Lazy Way: Box 2

excuse my nails.. i'm working on a separate polish project

1. Cut the top of the box off
2. Get some white paper,

3. Measure the box... and cut it to prepare to fit inside,
                  

4. 'Squish' the paper in the box so it goes in vertically.
      a. Leave plenty of room on each side for the edges.
      b. When the paper fits inside, crease the inside edges so they are straight
      c. Then fold the edges and tape the sides to fasten the paper down.

 5. Repeat the process but do it now horizontally, layering the second piece of paper on top of step 4 paper.

6. Now you are done:  Take pictures!
  - This polish is from a recent haul. CVS had a 30% sale off wet n'wild. I got this pink:frosted fuchsia, some clear polish, some eyeshadow liner, a staple white polish, and wet n wild red red(the best red ever..!) Too bad there was only one left. I would have too them all. Yey sales.

-Note, Items in your photobox can only be as big as your photobox. Sorry.. No really tall products if your box is short.
-But it works for polish. Polish is tiny.

Hope you are doing well!
Love Pretty
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Hi, I'm here to blog about makeup, nail polish and beauty. Look out for swatches on darker skin tones, and nail art!

Comments